Sunday, April 7, 2013

1/72 WWII Wargaming- German Tanks

After completing a US armored tank company I went back to my axis stuff and completed a platoon of Panthers, a platoon of MkIVs and company command tanks. This entailed building and painting about 6 new tanks and adding decals to all the tanks I have done. The decals were purchased from warhammer historical before they went belly up. I found they were so thick I wasn't able to make the transparent portion of the decals invisible either through gloss or dullcoting after application so depending on the angle the transparent portion is only opaque. Too late to start over though so I'll live with it. The 2nd platoon leader (121) is a dragon kit with zimmerit and a four man crew (which serve well as tank commanders). The rest of the Panthers are Armourfast. The MkIVs are all Plastic Soldier Company and the Wespe is the old Italeri kit.


1st platoon of the 1st company. Pzkwf V Panthers
3rd company commander followed by the 1st platoon leader
 









No comments: