Sunday, August 30, 2026

Pike & Shotte - Epic Battles

                                                          Pike & Shotte - Epic Battles

 

My foray into Warlord Games' Pike & Shotte Epic Battles game. These pictures are from my first painted battalia on up to the small army I have completed so far. I've also included some practice game and special unit pictures all in no particular order.

The 15mm fortress by Sarissa Precision. Perfect way to defend a table flank. I think I'll need to slop on some more weathering washes.

Everything other than baggage that I have painted so far. In addition to the warlord plastics I've used some Steel Fist 15mm ECW figures, which are the only minis I've found to be a perfect size match with the WG minis. I also used Wagons, limbers, horses and guns from Peter Pig and Essex. 

          A dragoon regiment. I wanted to add the mounts and horse holders for this unit just to look cool.
This blue coated battalia is formrd up the the 5 unit tercio style from the rules

I'm using 7mm mini d6 in dice frames for casualty tracking and 7mm red cubes to mark disorder.         Easy to use while not standing out too much. 
                                                                     Learning the rules
      My General figure and his entourage mounted on a WG plastic ordnance base. I'm going to attempt                                           removable standards so he can fight for any side.


 

                                                        Regiment in hedgehog formation
     A galloper gun battery. The gun and limber rider minis are Essex. The Essex riders are larger than                WG and Steel Fist so I lopped off head and shoulders and swapped in WG plastic heads.                          

                                                      The galloper gun battery deployed

                 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment